Who is collecting your personal data?
The Go Build initiative website is overseen by The Alabama Construction Recruitment Institute. This website will collect, store, and use your personal data in the United States. Note that the United States may have different data protection laws from other countries. For any inquiries or requests related to your personal data, please contact Jason Phelps by email at email@example.com or by phone at 334-832-7300. We do not share your data with any third parties unless you have given us your consent to do so.
What personal data are we collecting?
- your name and contact details (including your affiliated organization, home address, phone number and email address);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it (for example, your IP address); and
- any other personal information you have given your consent to share with us (for example, your resume).
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We may use your personal data for a number of different purposes, which can include:
- providing you with the services or information you asked for;
- keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- notifying you of changes to our services; and
- sending you periodic communications which you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you regarding the ACRI campaign employment opportunities in the Alabama construction industry.
What is the legal basis for our processing of your personal data?
We rely on the following legal bases to justify our processing of your personal data:
- Consent. We may process your personal data when you have given us your consent to use it for a certain purpose.
- Performance of a contract. We may process your personal data when we have entered into a contract with you and are performing our obligations under it, such as when we provide you with our services, products, or other information.
- Legal obligations. We may process your personal data when it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, such as if we were ordered to do so by a court.
- Legitimate interests. We process your personal data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interest in operating this website in a manner that is consistent with our mission. The mission of the GoBuild Initiative is to generate awareness of job opportunities in the construction industry in the state of Alabama and fill open employment positions in the Alabama construction industry. For example, we are acting within the scope of our mission when we process your personal data for our legitimate interest in:
- sending communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- monitoring who we deal with to protect our effort against unlawful conduct or other risks;
- enhancing, modifying, personalizing, or otherwise improving our services or communications for the benefit of our constituents; and
- understanding better how people interact with our website so that we can offer services and information that better meet your needs and desires.
When we legitimately process your personal data in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal data where our interests are overridden by the impact of its use on you, for example, where the use would be excessively intrusive (unless we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary to accomplish the purposes it is collected for. We will not retain your personal data if you request for us to remove it from our system or to transfer it elsewhere, unless otherwise required or permitted to by law.
How do we keep your personal data safe?
We process your data in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical and operational measures. We comply with generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your personal data.
Please note however, that when you transmit your personal data to us over the internet, the security of your personal data cannot be guaranteed. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
What are your rights?
You have certain rights that you may exercise over the personal data we process about you and we are committed to respecting those rights. Some of those rights include:
- Right of Access. You have the right to request access to your personal data. The first copy of your personal data will be given to you freely, but we can charge a reasonable fee for subsequent copies.
- Right of Rectification. You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure (to be forgotten). There are a number of circumstances under which you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. These include, for example, where the personal data was collected with your consent, but you have subsequently withdrawn your consent or where a court determines that we have no overriding legitimate basis for processing your data. However, we may not erase your personal data if we are not permitted to do so by law or if we must retain it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. There are a number of circumstances under which you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of some or all of your data. For example, if you contest the accuracy of our data or the lawfulness of its processing, you may ask us to restrict our processing.
- Right to Data Portability. If we are processing your personal data based on your consent or in order to enter into or carry out a contract with you and if the processing is being done by automated means, you have the right to ask us to provide your personal data to you or to transmit it to another controller.
- The Right to Object. You have the right to object to processing when we use your personal data based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact Jason Phelps (contact information above).
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on our website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes.
This policy was last updated on January 01, 2020.